Wall-mounted fiber advice for T-2 connection.

Splošni pogovori, ki niso povezani s T-2
Odgovori
mikhail.ter
Začetnik
T-2: Še nimam

Wall-mounted fiber advice for T-2 connection.

Odgovor Napisal/-a mikhail.ter » 15. Maj 2013 ob 16:38

Hi :)

Sorry for my English :) I'm living in Ljubljana in rented apartment. I need quality Internet and i tried to connect to T-2 with FTTH. I'm renting a renovated apartment, so it's not possible to make a holes in the walls and attach new cables on them (and there is no any fibers here already). So, the guys from T-2 says that they can't connect me, cause they need to make a new hole, and attach fiber to the walls. This is not good for my landlord :)

Can you tell is there in Ljubljana a nice guy or company who can install wall-mounted fiber? I really need somebody who can make a connection from the place where we have a space for routers/switches to the outside and connect is to T-2 network. I know it's possible, cause a lot of spaces inside the walls but it needs to be done by somebody who know how to do this, not just by T-2 connection engineers :)

Thanks for any advice!

p.s. after failing to connect with FTTH i just called to T-2 and ask them to connect me with existing coaxial TV cable via VDSL. I was really surprised that they say that they need to lay a _new_ coaxial cable. Can somebody say - is it tue? Why whey can't use existing TV coaxial? It will be really easy for me.

Uporabniški avatar
atepej
Starešina
T-2: Že imam
Paket: Oranžni Diamant HBO - FTTH
Kraj: Ravne na Koroškem
Kontakt:

Re: Wall-mounted fiber advice for T-2 connection.

Odgovor Napisal/-a atepej » 15. Maj 2013 ob 18:00

For using T-2 services you need standard telephone line or fiber cable, because T-2 is not cable operator.
Slika

Uporabniški avatar
Krypto
Starešina

Odgovor Napisal/-a Krypto » 16. Maj 2013 ob 17:30

Tell your landlord his apartment will gain on value if he has FTTH connection.
Hole is only 10mm in diameter so its not that big of a problem. If there is any pipe from apartment to the hall then it can be also used. Tell him to reconsider.

Boter
T-2jevec
Paket: T4 optika na optiki TS 100/10
Kraj: Celje

Odgovor Napisal/-a Boter » 22. Maj 2013 ob 19:27

Almost impossible to do it without holes. FTTH switch needs to be at least on shelf. You can than use Ruckus for TV (if you dont need it, wifi router is enough), so after that point there are no cables. But still... I don't recomend Ruckus for wifi/TV :)
Slika

Odgovori